Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Possible Start...

Its not so much the idea of maintaining the purity of a soul, because whos to say what purity truly is, or what makes something pure. Its more of seeking that point in life, right before you fall asleep where you feel no shame in your actions, and your completely content on the person you are, or at least the person your trying to be. I believe purity and love to be two completely interchangeable characters that not only pertain to a persons everyday life, but also on the final judgment of their soul, to whatever belief system one may follow. Its that moment on the bus listening to the band that moves you in a way you feel can never happen again, and you realize that hey, life isn’t about making something what it is, but more about having life make you what you are. Like any other story, this one should be about love, or at least the idea of what love may truly be. Although I do note that I have, or at least can accurately say, never been in, or truly felt what love is. This ill argue is more of a story of what I make love out to be, or what I want love to be. Love isn’t the relationship you’ve been in for years but think to yourself that “hey, I’ve been in it for this long, the sex is good, and I still like the person so I think ill stick with it”, loves supposed to be the, “I wonder if I pick up blue flowers this time, she’ll think of the time when the ocean was so blue that night, and how ill always think of her when I drink strawberry margaritas like I always do when I see blue.” It’s the kind of stories like that which make no sense overall, but the kind that you wouldn’t trade for anything in the world. This wont be pages upon pages of the detailed description of what I believe love to be summed up as, ill leave that to sappy, emotional and love fueled movies. This is more of a story about trying to maintain the tainted purity of my soul, while trying to establish to a reasonable and acceptable limit that I can base my idea of love around.

- Nathan Snider

No comments: